Scale X Design Accelerator
Stay Tuned for Cohort 3
Cohort 3 of the Scale X Design Accelerator will focus on innovations that help us deliver on our commitment to Women’s Economic Empowerment. Applications have closed, so stay tuned to Meet the Teams!
Now Accepting Applications
CARE announces the open application period for the third cohort of the Scale X Design (SXD) Accelerator and Challenge (formerly known as the Impact Accelerator and Challenge). CARE’s Scale X Design Accelerator is a learning program that arms development practitioners with new skills, mentorship and resources they need to go from idea to impact. CARE’s Scale X Design Challenge is an event that brings together leading social entrepreneurs, investors, corporate executives and development practitioners for collaborative workshops and a final pitch competition to celebrate the innovations presented by the SXD Accelerator teams. Challenge winners will receive cash awards and dedicated support from within and outside CARE to work on taking their proven interventions to scale for larger impact.
Cohort 3 of the Scale X Design Accelerator will focus on innovations that help us deliver on our commitment to Women’s Economic Empowerment. Women’s economic empowerment is one of four priority areas for CARE’s work around the world because women truly do hold up half the sky and we know that when women have control over economic decisions, everyone benefits. CARE’s 2020 goal is to support 30 million women to secure greater access to and control over economic resources and ensure they have the power they need to take decisions that benefit themselves, their families and their communities. Achieving our goal requires audacious progress and innovations that not only help women to access assets like land and opportunities like employment but also drives lasting change in long-standing and inequitable social norms and economic structures that hold women back.
Applications for this year’s Scale X Design Accelerator and Challenge will be accepted until March 2, 2018
- We invite you to submit your application in Arabic, English, French, Spanish or Portuguese.
- Applications will be reviewed, and finalists announced by May 2018
- Finalists will participate remotely in the Scale X Design Accelerator program from May 2018 – Fall 2018
- Finalists will be flown to the US for an intensive bootcamp to prepare their final presentations for a panel of external judges
- Winning teams will receive 50,000-100,000 USD each, and dedicated support from within and outside of CARE to take their proven interventions to greater scale
- All finalists and winners will receive support to take their intervention to scale