CARE International is a global confederation of 14 member organizations – Austria, Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany-Luxemburg, India, Japan, Netherlands, Norway, Peru, Thailand, United Kingdom and United States – working together to end poverty.
The CARE International Secretariat is based in Geneva.
The Purpose of the CI Secretariat is to support the confederation to achieve its mission in the most effective and efficient way; reach across and work closely with Members to build trust, solve problems and seize opportunities; allow ideas and concerns of all Members, both large and small, to be heard and considered; and to add value by offering various services, which facilitate CARE entities to:
- Make strategic, globally oriented decisions and coordinate joint action around common priorities
- Achieve greater efficiencies and cost savings by working collaboratively
- Access standards, learning and best practices from across CI and externally
- Work within clear and supportive policies and governance structures
- Uphold the CI Code, ensure accountability and mediate any challenges amongst the membership