CARE Women's Network - New York
New York Chapter
The CARE Women’s Network – New York Chapter (formally known as CARE’s New York Women’s Initiative) started in 1998. We select CARE projects focused on women and girls’ empowerment to raise awareness around and support financially for two-year cycles. Since our founding, we have contributed more than $2 million toward CARE’s programs globally.
This year we are supporting CARE’s Women Living Free of Gender Violence project in Ecuador. We hope you will join us at an event and invite you to donate to our cause.
Join us in making a difference today
As a member of the CARE Women’s Network – New York, you’ll be able to:
- Impact the lives of women and girls by supporting CARE’s mission of eradicating poverty
- Advocate on Capitol Hill and elsewhere to forward CARE's goals of empowering women and girls
- Support and visit selected CARE projects that impact the lives of women and girls
- Network with a diverse group of people with a common focus of improving the lives of women and girls around the world
- Learn from experts on topics concerning global development and how to make a difference
- Educate yourself and others on issues important to CARE and the global community
- Participate in unique experiences and gain insights through our relationship with CARE, its staff and its program participants around the world
There is a minimum financial commitment to join the CARE Women’s Network. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
October 16, 2017
Behind Closed Doors: Shedding Light on Married Adolescents in Ethiopia & Domestic Workers in Latin America
CARE’s Regional Director for Latin America & the Caribbean, Tatiana Bertolucci and Senior Director for Sexual, Reproductive, & Maternal Health, Christine Galavotti, will be deep diving into why women are disproportionately affected by poverty and how CARE is tackling gender inequality through economic empowerment and health.
Members from the New York and Chicago chapters of CARE Women’s Network visited Ecuador to get a closer look at the project they’re supporting: Women Living Free of Gender Based Violence.
Read About the Trip
Open Photo Gallery
CWN in Action
In partnership with CWN-Chicago, we are currently supporting CARE’s Women Living Free of Gender Violence project in Ecuador. In this country, eight out of 10 women have experienced some kind of violence, and one out of four women has experienced some form of sexual abuse. With our support, CARE is engaging victims of violence and trafficking in the creation of national laws and policies guaranteeing their human rights, helping to promote gender equality, and preventing future acts of violence.
Past CWN-NY supported projects include girls’ education in Afghanistan, microfinance initiatives in Mozambique, and girls’ vocational and educational programs in Guatemala.
Donate to CWN-NY
We invite you to donate to our current project by clicking here.